UK Higher Education New Provider Registration
Education is one of the Britain’s most successful exports, generating almost £19.9 billion to the British economy in 2016. More than two-thirds of that comes from higher education, often through the sector’s support for international students. With 18 UK universities listing in the world’s top 100 educational institutions, Britain undoubtedly has a global reputation in offering world-class higher education and research.
The Office for Students (OfS) regulates the UK higher education (HE) sector by ensuring that students receive good quality teaching standards, that new higher education institutions are credible, and that HE providers are increasing student access and inclusion on and off campus. Higher education providers seeking to enter the UK market must meet the requirements of OfS to become a registered English HE provider and obtain Degree Awarding Powers.
The following consultancy services are provided by Wells Advisory:
- Options appraisal regarding UK market entry
- Advice and support for OfS application for registration
- meeting the conditions of initial and ongoing registration
- submitting appropriate evidence
- Facilitation and advice on operational matters
- registration as UK legal entity,
- obtaining UK premises,
- establishing appropriate management
- governance structures, appointing staff
- Advice and support for finding suitable partnerships with UK higher education providers or degree awarding bodies and conducting due diligence
- Advice and support for obtaining Home Office licensed sponsor status, for recruiting international students, with the related CAS allocation
- Advice and support for applications for degree awarding powers
The above listed services are offered separately on a stand – alone basis, or may be negotiated as a complete support service for clients.